Can Simple Monitor be deployed to AKS

Hi

I was wondering of it is possible to deploy Simple Monitor to a development AKS cluster or is it just for local development?

Thanks
Andy

Yes and yes: yes it is possible (pretty much anything is), and yes Simple Monitor is designed for local development.

I say DO IT.

Hi @jwulf

Thatā€™s great.

Will the Simple Monitor Hazelcast Exporter replace the ElasticSearch Exporter or can both exporters be used?

Yes, you can use both. You can load as many exporters as you want.

@andyh we have some issues created in the Helm charts to make sure that we can also deploy Simple Monitor easily while you use the Helm charts, it will be great if you contribute to that effort, so we can refine it all together.
Are you currently using the helm.zeebe.io Charts?

Hi @salaboy
I was looking at creating a helm chart to deploy Simple-Monitor, but I need to be able to configure Zeebe with the hazelcast exporter i.e. I need to get the zeebe-hazelcast-exporter-0.7.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar into the Zeebe container lib directory.

I could create a new container from the zeebe cluster container that basically only does one thing and that is adds that jar file, but I was wondering could the zeebe-hazelcast-exporter-0.7.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar file be included in the Zeebe base image?

Thanks
Andy

@andyh sorry for the late response, I was out on holidays and now catching up with everythingā€¦
We are working in a pluggable way to add exporters with initContainers in Kubernetes.

You can copy that if you need that before we merge and release.
Did you manage to create a helm chart for Simple Monitor? We can definitely include that in our charts if you are willing to donate that.

Cheers

Hi @salaboy

I took a look at the PR, does that mean we will need to mount a volume that already contains the hazelcast exporter e.g. /exporters/zeebe-hazelcast-exporter-0.7.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar?

I did manage to create a helm chart for Simple-Monitor. How do I provide you a copy to include in your helm charts repo?

Thanks
Andy

@andyh that is awesome,
you can put it in a GitHub repository and share the link hereā€¦ I can take it from thereā€¦

Hi @salaboy

I have created a basic simple monitor helm chart, which you can access here: https://github.com/andylholloway/zeebe-simple-monitor-helm

Iā€™m in the process of upgrading to the latest zeebe-cluster-helm chart which now has a standalone gateway, so Iā€™m not sure what I have will work with the latest chart. If you are able to use what I have to get simple monitor working with the latest zeebe-cluster-helm, that would be really helpful.

Any issues I hit while upgrading I will post here: Standalone gateway not option in Zeebe-Cluster-Helm chart

Thanks
Andy

1 Like

@andyh thanks a lot for thatā€¦ I will add to my TODO list to check your charts and see if we can include them along with the other onesā€¦ that will be really useful.
If you find any issues with the current charts please create an issue into the git repo of the chart and if you see that I donā€™t answer in 24hs please drop me a DM in the Slack channelsā€¦ sometimes notifications just get lost in my inbox.

Cheers

1 Like