Zeebe modeler implementations

in Zeebe Modeler where can i do the implementation portion like actual core logic of the services , where can i write my code (javascript ), how to use external Jar files to achieve service task.
please guide me guys .
we are planing to move IBM BPM to Zeebe , so we need similar characteristics of those behaviors.
guys who have worked on IBM BPM you can guide me.

Hi @selvapitchu, you write your code implementations in an IDE. Then you run the code somewhere, and it contacts the broker over gRPC to work on jobs.

So you do not write code implementation in the Zeebe Modeler. In there you only do the process design.

Is that clear?

Josh

Ohh i see, thank you so much @jwulf for guiding me as per my understanding , zeebe modeler is used to created design and flow and it will do the orchestration with the help of broker via gRPC and gateway?
we have to write the code in separate IDE then the orchestration will call the code to run.

Any idea how to connect IDE and zeebe to run the code ??

Lets take an example of connecting Linux machine from Zeebe and run a “ls-ltr” command and get the results in output .
we can achieve this task in IBM bpm via integration services by writing JAVA code in external jar and mapping the required values (server name , user name Password, authentication…) in that service. It can be executable from IBM BPM, or any UI services.

if possible can you please explain the same scenario in Zeebe , how to do this sample task on it?
will be very useful for me to do many orchestration.

Thanks in advance
Pitchu

Hi @selvapitchu, here is a video that demonstrates how it works using the JavaScript client library: https://youtu.be/xjzwUq-tHXE

I will be doing one shortly with the Java client. Some of the implementation details differ in the client (it’s Java!) - but the architecture is the same.

Thanks @jwulf let me have a look:)

Hi @jwulf, i saw your video that was very useful, i want to do the same demo in my desktop.
can you please provide the supporting files required to run on my own,else if possible share the entire demo project to me that you have shown in the video ?
so that i can have a look and analyze the project and i can create a new script.

Regards,
Pitchiah N

There are no supporting files.

It’s literally live coded. I did it four times, from nothing each time. Just do exactly what I do in the video, and you will have it, and you will have done it.

If you want to do it with Node, like I did, then you need to install Node.js and run: npm i -g typescript ts-node.

Hi @jwulf,
Any idea of licencing cost of zeebe enterprise edition, once it is ready for Production.
any idea about application support , platform support for enterprise level?

Regards,
Pitchu

Hi @selvapitchu, the best way to get this flat is to email daniel.meyer@camunda.com. It is not completely nailed down yet, and it will be highly dependent on your use case.

1 Like

@selvapitchu, maybe you should change your mind from traditional using for process engine.
Somebody use process engine in this way: writing codes, package it as jar and deploy to engine server, then engine server call your codes in the same jvm.

however, it maybe not flexible, so we maybe go to another way, that is, we expose our functions as service such as restful api/web service or rpc or any other things. so process task will call external services to execute business codes. the key point is, process engine always call your service. so your service must be always online. many companies implement this pattern in SOA world.

in zeebe, the case is inverted, process engine(zeebe broker) will not hold your any codes and will not call any remote service. your zeebe client is a independent application , it will connect zeebe broke like you connect to db/redis/mq or any other thing. the job in zeebe client application will always to loot a task from zeebe broker and run and then tell broker to go next. if your client down, the process will be pending. no fail will happen.

So in your case, you just write your business codes in zeebe job, and run in IDE,zeebe client will connect to broker, after your process instance started, your job in client will try to loot if your instance reach that job.

2 Likes

Hi @jwulf,

test-messaging bpmn is not working it seems ,can you please share some valid bbmn file to try message correlation activity

regards,
Pitchu

Hi @selvapitchu, what do you mean it is not working? Do you mean it doesn’t deploy?

Did you follow this? https://zeebe.io/blog/2019/08/zeebe-message-correlation/

No @jwulf actually i have tried to open in zeebe modeler , but unfortunately it shows some error in diagram
PFA ,it would be very helpful if i get a working BPMN for correlation messaging BPMN activity.

Regards,
Pitchu

My brother, that looks like an HTML file that you open in your modeller there…

oops sorry, i had noticed that and corrected :innocent::innocent::innocent:

earlier i don’t face any issues when deploying WF in container , now it’s wired

Error: rpc error: code = DeadlineExceeded desc = context deadline exceeded
Usage:
zbctl deploy [flags]

Flags:
-h, --help help for deploy

Global Flags:
–address string Specify the Zeebe addressFlag

can you please address this what’s wrong ?
regards,
Pitchu

Please open a new thread for a different topic.