This file has been truncated. show original
# Contributing to Zeebe
## Building Zeebe from source
Zeebe is developed as multi module maven project. To build all components
run the command `mvn clean install -DskipTests` in the root folder.
The resulting Zeebe distribution can be found in the folder `dist/target`, i.e.
This is a small overview of the contents of the different modules:
- `util` contains custom implementations of building blocks like an actor scheduler, buffer allocations, metrics. Its parts are used in most of the other modules
- `zb-map` is a custom in memory hash map implementation
- `protocol` contains the SBE definition of the main message protocol
- `bpmn-model` is a Java API for BPMN process definitions used for parsing etc.
- `msgpack-*` is custom msgpack implementation with extensions to evaluate json-path expressions on msgpack objects
- `dispatcher` is a custom implementation of message passing between threads