Getting problem while restarting zeebe

Getting problem while restarting zeebe
please check the error and help me

ERROR: for zeebe_broker Cannot start service zeebe: b’OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:345: starting container process caused “process_linux.go:424: container init caused \"rootfs_linux.go:58: mounting \\\"/home/infrauser/zeebe/zeebe.cfg.toml\\\” to rootfs \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/6958ad474e9fed68efea90efe27c61cc2cc770f89152edc729b1a41a767d094b/merged\\\" at \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/6958ad474e9fed68efea90efe27c61cc2cc770f89152edc729b1a41a767d094b/merged/usr/local/zeebe/conf/zeebe.cfg.toml\\\" caused \\\"not a directory\\\"\"": unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type’

ERROR: for zeebe Cannot start service zeebe: b’OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:345: starting container process caused “process_linux.go:424: container init caused \"rootfs_linux.go:58: mounting \\\"/home/infrauser/zeebe/zeebe.cfg.toml\\\” to rootfs \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/6958ad474e9fed68efea90efe27c61cc2cc770f89152edc729b1a41a767d094b/merged\\\" at \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/6958ad474e9fed68efea90efe27c61cc2cc770f89152edc729b1a41a767d094b/merged/usr/local/zeebe/conf/zeebe.cfg.toml\\\" caused \\\"not a directory\\\"\"": unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type’

ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

thanks
rk

1 Like

Are you using the zeebe-docker-compose repo?

Try that.

Otherwise, put your Docker configuration in a GitHub repo, and let us know what operating system you are on.

Hi @jwulf, i have configured zeebe in my local Linux machine. One day back it is working fine.Yesterday onwards i am facing this issue.I am able to access simple monitor but unable to deploy bpmn file,while starting broker getting above error.

thanks
rk.

1 Like

Sounds like you changed something…

It’s difficult to debug without a crystal ball.

Try using the zeebe-docker-compose repo.

Hi @jwulf ,
i was deployed nearly 40 bpmn files. but in bpmn/ folder only 3 bpmn files are there.
Could you please tell me where the deployed bpmn files will be stored is it inside bpmn/ folder or any inmemory database.

If it is inmemory database, how to find those bpmn files.

thanks
rk

In a binary in-memory database.

You can’t extract them.

ok @jwulf, then how to connect and check binary in-memory database.
Is there any possibility to change it to other database.

please share the code snippet related to zeebe - database connection

thanks
rk

No, you cannot. The database is run-time state only.

It is a black box. You cannot do anything with it.

Refer to here for more details: https://docs.zeebe.io/operations/resource-planning.html

ohh , then in production if we want to check transaction details how to do it.
How can we analyse the issue without accessing zeebe transaction db.

Please guide me, what is the best approach to over come above issues.
In camunda we can use any database and check the tables, but in zeebe how to check.

thanks
rk

https://docs.zeebe.io/operate-user-guide/index.html

https://docs.zeebe.io/basics/exporters.html

As Josh mention, in Zeebe all the internal information is pushed out with the exporters. if something happens inside a broker you will get that into an external source depending on which exporters you have configured. Notice that this is not Camunda BPM anymore, completely new design and purpose, so similar problems will have completely different solutions.
The error that you are getting to restart a container is related to mount paths and directories that might be erased, and that is usually the reason why you need a container orchestrator to deal with containers and their associated resources. Maintaining containers alive is a full time job.