Error on Timer Event

Hi Team,

Hope you are doing well. I have encouneterd an issue while working with timers. Please find the details below

docker-compose

version: “2”

networks:
zeebe_network:
driver: bridge

services:
zeebe:
container_name: zeebe_broker
image: camunda/zeebe:0.23.1
environment:
- ZEEBE_LOG_LEVEL=info
ports:
- “26500:26500”
- “9600:9600”
- “5701:5701”
volumes:
- …/lib/zeebe-hazelcast-exporter.jar:/usr/local/zeebe/exporters/zeebe-hazelcast-exporter.jar
- ./application.yaml:/usr/local/zeebe/config/application.yaml
networks:
- zeebe_network
monitor:
container_name: zeebe_monitor
image: camunda/zeebe-simple-monitor:0.18.0
environment:
- zeebe.client.broker.contactPoint=zeebe:26500
- zeebe.worker.hazelcast.connection=zeebe:5701
volumes:
- ./simple-monitor-application.yaml:/usr/local/zeebe/config/application.yaml
ports:
- “8082:8082”
depends_on:
- zeebe
networks:
- zeebe_network

Error = EXTRACT_VALUE_ERROR

can someone help me with this…

Hi @Tauqeer,

the problem is that the timer of the intermediate catch event is defined as a time cycle instead of a time duration. An intermediate catch event can be triggered only once - so, the timer needs to be defined as duration. Time cycles are used then a timer can be triggered multiple times (e.g. a non-interrupting timer boundary event).

Please have a look at the docs: https://docs.zeebe.io/bpmn-workflows/timer-events/timer-events.html#intermediate-timer-catch-events

Does this help you?

Best regards,
Philipp

1 Like

Hi @philipp.ossler,

Thank you so much, actually i had such requirement where i had to set the timer to run 5 times in 10mins. can you help with this deisgn to achieve it.
And even our company is using zeebe in production. I have few requirements,

1. REST api which can give the status of the workflow.
  2. REST api which will fetch some variables from workflow and return as response. --> as u can see the workflow i have one message boundary event (non-interrupting), but it will be asychronous, but the requirement is for synchronous response.
  3. REST api which can increase the timer.

It depends on what you want to model. In general, you can use an event subprocess with a timer start event. In order to run 5 times within 10 minutes, you can use a time cycle that runs every 2 minutes R5/PT2M.

The other questions do not belong to the topic of this thread. Please open an issue if you’re missing a feature.

Short answer: Zeebe has no query API. You can collect the data by an exporter (e.g. the Elasticsrearch exporter) and request it from there.

Please have a look at:

1 Like